As you may know, precautions are being put into place nationwide to decrease the transmission and spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We are deeply concerned about your overall health and want you to know that during these times, we are still open, available, and Coronavirus ready to help manage your hearing loss and hearing aid needs. Here’s what we’re doing to protect you and to assist you now, and we are also excited to offer new appointment options!
- We have taken precautions such as scheduling all appointments with significant time gaps between them to ensure you do not come in contact with other patients (and to give us ample time to clean and sanitize our spaces between appointments). Our appointments are still one-on-one and patient focused to specifically minimize any risk to you.
- To simplify device cleaning, reprogramming, and repair, we’re offering curbside assistance and a safe drop box (in some locations) for you to deposit your hearing instruments into without traveling too far into our clinics. This should give you the service you need while still minimizing your potential contact with others during the next few weeks.
- If your aids use traditional batteries, you can purchase them in our clean, safe offices. We can even ship batteries to your home if you would like (with a small shipping fee). We also still offer “buy 4 cases, get the 5th free”.
We are also pleased to offer new services to compliment our traditional face-to-face appointments! These will become a permanent part of our business moving forward.
- Telehealth options - if you are having issues with your aids or phone connectivity, would like a hearing aid consult, or have other concerns, we are now offering a variety of telehealth appointments such as phone calls, FaceTime, Zoom, and Google Hangouts. This allows us to work with you from the safety and comfort of your home or office. In-office appointments may then be scheduled as needed. Please let us know when calling in what kind of appointment you would like and we’ll make arrangements for you!
- Remote programming of your aids - newer hearing aids allow us to remotely fit or program/adjust your aids without you having to come into the office. Some can be handled curbside, while others can be sent via an email in your hearing aid app to be downloaded by you at home. If you are unsure if your aid has this option, please contact our office and we’ll let you know what’s available for your specific aid.
- What’s next?? Stay tuned for new options as we come up with them - and if you have any suggestions, please let us know!
As always, your health and safety is the most important thing to us. If you have questions regarding any of this information or would like to discuss your hearing health, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (816) 478-3008. We look forward to continuing to help you on your hearing journey now and in the future, and we wish you safety, health, and happiness in the upcoming weeks.