Professional Hearing Center
Audiologists & Hearing and Balance Specialists located in Liberty, MO & Belton, MO
If you feel that you are struggling with processing what you hear, but your hearing test shows you have normal hearing? You may be a candidate for a more thorough evaluation looking at how you process what you hear. We offer comprehensive Auditory Processing evaluations and therapy to help remediate Auditory Processing Disorders. At Professional Hearing Center in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area, our team can help you determine if an Auditory Processing Evaluation is right for you. To schedule your assessment, call Professional Hearing Center or book an appointment online today.
What is an Auditory Processing Disorder?
Auditory processing is what you do with what you hear. When you have an Auditory Processing Evaluation, we look at several different aspects of hearing including the following:
- The ability to quickly and accurately process speech sounds at the phonemic level
- The ability to understand speech in the presence of background noise
- The ability to remember what we hear
- The ability to use both ears and both hemispheres of our brain to effectively transmit information from one side to the other
- The ability to correctly sequence what we hear
If your Auditory Processing Evaluation reveals difficulty in any of these areas, we offer therapy. In your personalized therapy program we work on correcting and strengthening these auditory processing skills. We can also offer recommendations for accommodations to help with success in the classroom, workplace, and everyday communication.